Patterson Tubular Services History
Patterson Tubular Services began selling oilfield chemicals and hauling oilfield equipment in 1945. Eventually, this work created a very lucrative “side” business of storing and maintaining tubing and casing.
In 1957, PTS acquired a pipe storage yard in Morgan City, Louisiana. At one point in the early 1960s, the Morgan City yard was purported to have the largest stock of oilfield pipe in the world with more than 200 tons stored on approximately 300 acres.
Rollins, Inc. purchased PTS in 1972. Then, in 1980, Patterson developed another storage and maintenance facility in Channelview, Texas. Patterson added electromagnetic inspection services to its Morgan City facility in 1974 and to Channelview in 1981.
Patterson was then spun-off from Rollins, Inc. as part of RPC, Inc. in 1984 and, since 2003, now operates as Patterson Tubular Services, a subsidiary of Cudd Pressure Control, Inc.
In 2006, Patterson Tubular Services began offering full-body, phased-array ultrasonic inspection units and services and continues to be the technology leader in this service.
539 S. Sheldon Road
Channelview, TX 77530
7056 S. Railroad Ave.
Morgan City, LA 70380